Clamping pressure

This morning was fun (and I mean that in the most sarcastic tone I can muster). I jointed and ripped and cut to length all of yesterday’s glue-ups, as well as a few straight walnut pieces. After playing around a bit, I finally came up with a design that I liked. The problem was then how best to glue it up. Because of all of the interlocking pieces, I didn’t see a good way to make subassemblies, everything is oriented on everything else. So, a very frantic, manic glue up of 27 pieces, trying to get the glue spread before it sets up too much, and making sure everything is aligned, and clamped. Clamps, clamps and more clamps. Trying to find a way to get a clamp on every piece. I think I got every joint tight, only tomorrow will tell. That’s clamping pressure!

p1000134

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: